Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2012

We interrupt this scheduled broadcast

Grounded, is what I am. Shackled, hobbled, paused, clamped. I have been hijacked by my own body; my will power, my freedom of movement have been subdued by a stronger force.
Something is growing inside me, an alien thing, the unwelcome expansion of a small organ. My body will kill me if this is allowed to continue.
I must go to the hospital, be cut open, have things removed. Then see the nature of the beast within.

I have the attention span of a bee.
I ache.
My brain cannot read text without stopping mid-stream. I cannot read, I cannot write. I can merely exist, see people and receive love and care. The only thing I have to give is my need. My awareness has shrunk to the size of my stomach.

But I will note this in the timeline of my life. Here it is; my hiatus. And hopefully, in a few months, I will continue, not unchanged, but as planned.

3 comments:

Nikki (www.bookpunks.com) said...

Oh! Well I will be thinking of you then. Fingers and eyes crossed and all that. !!!!!!! You do describe a horrid situation beautifully.

Pueblo girl said...

Hell's bells. Just read this. Hope everything goes OK.

haveyouseenthisgirl said...

thank you both. All good wishes are gratefully accepted.

It's not as bad as it seems. It's a disposable organ and is probably not cancer...or at least only might be cancer. I'll try a more informative post later in the week....this blog is usually pretty vague on details.